To memorialize your lost one, please send a
eulogy and photos to:
We suggest a $100 donation

Perhaps they are not the stars but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours
through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.
…old Inuit saying

As your beloved one nears end
of life, here is a wonderful way
to keep an image of them close
to your heart, a sterling silver

Rest In Peace our handsome prince❤️ On September 23,2012 we rescued you from a horrible life and gave you the love and security you never had before. You were pure joy and filled our lives with many warm kisses and lots of snuggles. You loved to ride in the car and catch wind on those soft ears, dig in the sand at the beach, sunbathe, go for any walk no matter how far, explore at the dog park and your bones. Boy, oh, boy did you LOVE your nightly bone. Although you hated to have your picture taken you always were more than ready to wear a hat, scarf or any other article of clothing we would put on you. Your absence is heartbreaking but we know that you now can run with the wind without pain and am enjoying a limitless supply of bones, Cheezits and tomatoes. Until we meet again you have our undying love. #handsomeprince #norcalweimaranerrescue #snugglebuddy #gonebutneverforgotten�� #lovemydog #heartbroken

Little bear, buddy, Mister, mi “Juan Marino”.

Winston came into my life at the dignified age of 8. He was surrendered from a loving mother who had a major life change to Friends for Pets, the southern California Weimaraner Rescue. Within a month, he adopted me. He was gentle, stubborn and smart. He quickly became my shadow and companion. He did not like to get up early, and he very clearly communicated to me what an appropriate bed time was. He had an incredible nose. He taught me to keep food out of reach, how to tell the difference between fetch and tug, he kept the house free of flies, and he screened my girlfriends. Within a year and a half, he helped me find the woman who is now my wife. When I first got Winston, he suffered from separation anxiety. I took to quietly telling him to guard the house before I left. Those words were told to him every day from then on, and it worked. He knew his job, and was confident that I would return. In the last couple years, he couldn’t see much, and his hearing had gone in one ear after a bout of labrynthitis. He was suffering from arthritis and incontinence, but was kept clean and was loved. He greeted me every day until the end with his hug; he would lean into me with his head under mine while I scratched his belly. Until the end he would be enticed to play with his bear, and he would stand outside smelling the wind. He even forgave me for bringing in a younger female Weim that I thought would keep him company! I’m not sure if he ever forgave me for my poor guitar playing though. He was buried in the backyard of our home, in a quiet spot under a redwood. He looks over us. I miss him every day. He no longer needs to guard the house. He is free now.

We had to say goodbye to our beloved Trinitee, CH Silverado Destinee's Child NAJ NSD NRD CGC V BROM, last Thursday, August 21.

It was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. She couldn’t walk anymore or even stand. She was still so alert & aware & had a great appetite & that’s why the decision was so difficult.

We had a beautiful ceremony at Wasson Memorial Veterinary Clinic, with special friends Tina Howard & my agility instructor, Gail Frazier. We surrounded Trinitee with memory boards of some of her special moments & arranged her on a bed of rose petals​, as she was in her newborn picture​. We played “Ich Bein Weimaraner”, a poignant song by Nancy Simmonds, that captures the Weimaraner spirit. Trinitee ate meatballs & ice cream. When we were ready, our gentle & caring veterinarian, Dr Holmes came out. Gail read a speech I had prepared when Trinitee was in the Parade of Titleholders at our Weimaraner Club of America 2009 National Specialty. I said my last goodbye & gave her one last hug & then she was gone…

My good friend, ​Debbie Gross, gave me a certificate showing that a star has been designated with her name. It’s comforting to know that when I look up, she is looking back…Trinitee & Debbie’s dog, Roger grew up together & Debbie was responsible for urging me to get Trinitee in the field, so this was very meaningful. She leaves the legacy of her kids​, our Jade, CH Silverado Wild Horses OA OAJ CGC, Ruby, GCH Silverado Ruby Tuesday & Bison, CH Silverado Midnight Rambler & also her departed kids, Schatzili, CH Silverado Brown Sugar, our Justice, Silverado Street Fighting Man, Jane, Silverado Lady Jane & Jack, Silverado Jumpin’ Jack Flash.

We attended the SFBWC’s Ratings Test, held at Hastings Island Labor Day weekend​. The sepia picture was taken there on August 9 , at the bird field where we had lots of great times. We scattered some of her ashes yesterday at the pond where Trinitee earned her NRD title & the pic of us was taken…Shiffra, Michael & the pack.

When Willow came to us as a foster at the tender age of three, she’d already been in three homes. We fell in love with her but resisted adopting her because we already had three dogs of our own. Instead, we worked on her “issues” (she had many!) to make her more adoptable. She was then placed in – and returned from – three MORE adoptive homes. (I secretly celebrated each time I’d get the call to pick her up from another failed adoptive home – bad foster mommy!!) We finally listened to the universe – and the animal communicator who worked with her – and adopted Willow ourselves. She knew she belonged with us; it just took us a little while to get with the program! She was finally able to unpack much of her baggage with us, and became my special velcro girl, never happier than when we were running errands together.

She loved to ride with her head out the sunroof of my car, her shoulder pressed firmly against mine. That may be one of the sensations I’ll miss most. She was a photographer’s dream, always posing for silly or dramatic shots I needed for the PR booth literature or social media updates. We spent every evening relaxing in bed before lights out, just she and I – no one else was allowed in our snugglefest. Her favorite getaway was the off-leash dog beach (as was mine!) and watching her fly like the wind, tongue hanging and ears flapping, was a special kind of bliss.

When she was diagnosed with inoperable colon cancer, then later with congestive heart failure, I asked her to please stay with me long enought to celebrate her 12th birthday on June 23, 2014. She crossed the rainbow bridge on June 24th, one day later. She will be deeply missed, but left us a huge chunk of her heart to help sustain us….Dianne & Terry

On July 29th 2013, we lost a friend in a tragic airplane accident. Craig Carter helped us by fostering our most challenging rescue dogs, turning the unadoptable into beloved family members. Craig was a veteran Air force officer & a retired fire fighter who took great pleasure in exploring the adventures this World has to offer. He loved flying, white-water rafting, locating hot-springs throughout the western states, hiking, backpacking, snowshoeing and gardening. He recently floated the Alsek River in Alaska.

Here are photos of the dogs Craig helped get a second chance.

He is profoundly missed.


was one of the most dedicated transporters for all rescues in the Central Valley area. John passed away in his sleep on Sunday evening. He’s done several transports for us and was a complete joy to work He’s done several transports for us and was a complete joy to work He’s done several transports for us and was a complete joy to work with. “John helped found Streets of Bakersfield volunteer transport with. “John helped found Streets of Bakersfield volunteer transport group in early 2009. John McCaulay was a retired vet who’d served in Viet Nam. He set the tone for Streets of Bakersfield transports with his cheerful lingo. His ‘non-coms’ were booted into shape and had to trim our posts and maintain a strict U.S. military time frame. He kept us hopping, but laughing all the way. When John stipulated to meet him in the Tracy, California Burger King parking lot at 0700 hours, you better make sure you’re there to hand off precious cargo.” Read full obituary.

I also did two tours in Viet Nam with the 101st & 82nd Airborne & had many rides on 1st Cav choppers. Rest easy brother…Michael, NCWR

Carol, BilI, Cricket and Molly were blessed with the opportunity to have Belle come into their lives in the summer of 2007. Cricket and Mariah, their first Weims, were littermates to Belle who was turned into Oregon Weimaraner Rescue. Because it’s a small world where Weims are concerned, Bill and Carol were contacted by Silverado Weimaraners, the breeders, and asked if they would foster Belle until a new home could be found for her. How could they say no?

While they still had Cricket, they had lost Mariah about a year and a half before so it was an absolute thrill to have another “sister” come bounding into their lives. Foster quickly turned into adoption, of course.

She actually was very much like Mariah. She was beautiful, sweet, polite, slept on their bed, laid on the sunny bedroom carpet after breakfast, was constantly covered with her blankies (Bill & Carol always cover their “babies”), was hugged and kissed at every possible opportunity. Belle’s last months were filled with love Belle got into their hearts as much as can be imagined. Though they only had her a short time they’ll never forget her and will always wish she were still here brightening their lives.Belle slipped quietly away on Tuesday, February, 21, 2008, at 2:10pm

Mr. Peabody was our very first foster assignment with NCWR in 2004. He was 8 yrs old, deaf, and suffered from Spinal Dysraphism. It was love at first sight for us, and we knew immediately we wanted to adopt him and give him the best possible “golden years”. He sported a long tail, which we loved! Sadly, we would only get to enjoy 57 days with him before he died, but his lasting gift to us was introducing us to the wonderful world of Weimaraners.

One of our favorite memories of Mr. Peabody was his habit of sliding his body in between our legs while we were talking, thereby allowing himself to “hear” our conversation through the vibrations. Another favorite memory was our bedtime ritual. I would lie next to him and “hum” him to sleep. He would press his paw against my cheek so that he could “hear” me sing until he slipped off to sleep.

Mr. Peabody will always hold a very special place in our hearts, because he started it all for us…we now have another long-tail Weimaraner, “Wags” who is doing his best to live up to the torch Mr. Peabody passed on! ….Terry Larsen & Dianne Venzon

Orange County to the Bay Area.

I had the pleasure of meeting Blue as a temporary foster for a few days.  Blue came into my home cautiously and gave our three Weims ultimate respect.  

Blue was a silly boy for his age!  He had sudden bursts of playfulness with toys and blankets, and when he heard a noise he would bark and try to talk as if to say, “I don’t know what that is and I am concerned!”  But as time went on, he settled down and “talked” less.

One day, his foster Mom was working at her desk when she heard the sound of clanging pots coming from the kitchen; she discovered that Blue had taken some pots to his special place on the couch, along with his leash, a jacket, a glove, and his squeaky toy.    

But Blue did not have a great life and it breaks my heart because he was looking for one – you could see it in his eyes and hear it when he tried to talk.  After being raised outside for 7 years, he enjoyed time with his foster parents and the two homes he lived in as “forever homes”, until the second one found he had passed away in the night on April 25, 2009.

I can only hope that NCWR made a difference for Blue in the short time he was with us.  In every home he found himself, he was appreciated and loved, so if dogs really live in the now, his life was the best it could possibly be!

Best to you Blue.                                                                                                …NCWR Volunteer

Riley was given a second chance in May, 2009 when NCWR pulled her from death row at a shelter – she was 8 yrs old. Riley fought a life-threatening illness that reared its head three times in the nine months she was with NCWR, before she passed on November 29, 2009. She was a very special rescue dog who had many wonderful volunteers doing everything possible to give her a life a senior deserved. She allowed anyone and everyone into her world, regardless of age, activity/noise level, or if she had met the person five seconds or five days ago. A stranger meeting Riley would never know she had dodged the bullet a day before, or that her illness was lurking to pounce on her at any moment.

She had an ability to bounce back from episodes of a condition that a team of emergency vets, local vets, and even UC Davis was not able to diagnose. She would suddenly find herself spending days and nights at an emergency clinic on IV fluids and oxygen, but when she arrived “home” she let everyone know she was ready for her ball and wanted to play Fetch!

Riley was a very kind, loving, and patient girl. She tolerated us humans, but all she really wanted was for someone to throw her ball, let her sleep on a child’s bed, and to feed her. She loved to eat! But despite what she wanted, Riley allowed kids to wrap themselves around her while she was walking, and she didn’t care a bit when one volunteer after the other, put her in the car for a ride to a new foster home, a vet appointment, or to seek emergency medical attention (Riley either lived with or rode in the car with at least 10 different NCWR volunteers while she was with us.) Riley deserved so much more than we were able to give her, but in her moment, she was happy.

Riley, may you find an endless supply of tennis balls when you cross the rainbow bridge.  We will miss you, but admire you for a
lifetime.                                                                                                                                          …NCWR Volunteer.  

It has been nearly 8 months since our beloved Tom passed away, on May 2, 2009, after undergoing surgery to remove a tooth. Though he didn’t seem ready to go, we cannot deny that it was probably his time; we had learned a few days earlier that he had cancer, and had seen him slow down tremendously in the previous months. Still, the morning he went in for surgery, he cuddled with us, trotted after us, and showed us – in abundance – the delightful spirit that made him so very, very special.. He was at home when he died, with both of us here. He was 15 years old.

The story of how we came to have Tom in our lives is already written on this site, and we will forever be grateful for the fact that we had him for over eight wonderful years. We couldn’t have expected such joy with him, or such a long relationship, as he was already seven when he first came to us. Sometimes we think about his first family, with whom he moved from Israel to California before they had to give him up because of another international move, and I wish we could tell them how much we appreciate all that they did for him. I wish we could tell them that he did have a life that most dogs dream of. He lived on a farm, where he hiked, swam, and ran every day; he was wrapped in blankets and used a body pillow each night; he was occasionally given the treats he loved most (apples, cantaloupe, bread, carrots, steak); and most of all, he was absolutely adored.

What we gave to Tom is so little compared to what he gave
to us. We miss him every single day: his habits, his snuggles,
his sighs. Though we trust that another dog will someday come
along, who we will also love, we know that there will always be a
Tom-shaped hole in our lives that will never be completely filled.

One day soon, we’ll return to California to scatter his
ashes in the place we say he loved best – even though
we know that the place he truly loved most was wherever
we were. Tom was strong and graceful, funny and wise,
intelligent and silly. He opened our hearts: to him, to each
other. He was one of a kind, and we will never, ever forget
him……Anna & Eric  

Tonight, we lost Robbie, a very good dog. He was always happy and was so
wonderful with the pee-wee doggies even though he was a giant boy.
We only had a short time with him, but we loved him.

Molly and I will truly miss him.  We thank Weimeraner Rescue for taking him out of
the shelter when no one else would. He deserved that kindness and love because he
too was generous with both attributes, even with old JJ. I’d like to share these recent
pictures I took on Thursday (18th) when we were in daycare together.

Good bye my friend.


Jen and Molly

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.  You are his life, his love, his leader.  he
will be yours, faithful & true, to the last beat of his heart.  You owe it to him to be worthy of such

Wags came into our lives when we were hurting; he gave us his love, devotion, and made us
laugh…he healed our hearts, and we healed his bad hip. He was easy to please:  a romp at the dog
park every morning, and an evening walk to check his pee-mail.  His favorite activity of all was
working the NCWR booth events as Canine Ambassador, a role he was absolutely born to play.  His
gentle spirit drew everyone to him, especially the children.  

We traveled so many miles together, and while I now have an enormous Wags-size hole in my
heart, I also have so many wonderful memories of our six years together.  He was SUCH a momma’s
boy, and I secretly loved that, even when he failed his CGC test for crying loudly when I attempted
to “leave him with a friendly stranger.”

We are so honored that the universe entrusted us with Wags’ care; our lives are so much richer for
having known him.  We will miss him every single day, but take comfort in knowing that he, Mr.
Peabody & Cookie are all playing together at the rainbow bridge, healthy and whole.

Hugs & Wags,
Terry Larsen & Dianne Venzon

photo by Tonya Perme

photo by Tonya Perme